Not all beginners playing video games ask this question. Most of them just go head on with the most difficult game offered and played through it like it was a breeze for them. Lucky for you, these days there are so many platforms to choose from that even the one you have right now, like your smartphone perhaps, can be your very first ‘console’ for the world of gaming. Here are some of the games that you should try, if you are a beginner yourself.
- 80 Days – you can play this game via tablet or smartphone. This is an amazing narrative adventure game loosely based on the novel by Jules Verne, Around the World in 80 Days. The player plots his or her route all over the world.
- Civilization V – this game is available on both Mac and PC. This game makes you a builder of your own civilization, like the ancients did it in the past. You start out as a wandering tribe, finding a place to settle and grow your group. Once you have settled, you lead your civilization into the most advanced high-tech society. The main factor that makes this game attractive to players is because of its complex strategy, where it teaches the player so much about how culture and science develop in a nation while at the same time it provides you with entertainment.
- Flower – available on both PS3 and PS4 only, this is a relaxing yet gorgeous game which lets you control the wind while blowing petals into the air. The visuals and sounds are lovely, which is something that you can relax in playing without having to worry whether you should win it or not.
- Grand Theft Auto V – this game is available on numerous game consoles. If you love to fight and want to be on the criminals side, this game is the right one for you. Many consider this game as the technical summit for mainstream design in gaming. The violent narrative of this game may upset some, but the open world environment that this game has is something worth looking into.
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft – this is a 2-player fantasy battle-based game which utilizes a range of heroes that come with various abilities. The way the player places them will affect the ongoing war. This game is extremely easy to understand and get to follow the flow, but it can be very compelling since you need to do formulate a lot of strategies as you get to collect various cards and widen your arsenal.
Some of these games may seem a little too much for a beginner, but it is the reason why you should try them out. Once you get to love these games, it will be time to move on to more “advanced” games out there.